Insurance & Personal Items

With Montway you can have free of charge up to 1 piece of luggage, such as suitcase or a bag, of up to 100 lbs placed in the trunk only.

Yes, your vehicle is fully insured during transport- from the moment it gets loaded onto the truck, write a paper for me to the moment it is taken off. The carrier’s insurance covers at least $100,000. Any contents left in the vehicle are not insured.

Personal items inside the car are not covered by the carrier’s cargo insurance.

At delivery, inspect the vehicle and if there are any damages, please:

  • Note damages on the Bill of Lading/Vehicle Condition report
  • Get a copy of the delivery Bill of Lading from the trucker
  • Take pictures of the damage (on-site if possible)
  • Contact Montway to request trucker Certificate of Insurance
  • File a claim

Your vehicle is insured under Inland Marine Cargo Insurance. This insurance policy protects goods while in transit on land. It is an outgrowth of the Ocean Marine insurance, write a paper for me and it compensates for losses and damages to the objects being moved.

Be advised that personal items can damage the interior of your car due to possible shifting caused by vibrations on the road. Any damages to the interior caused by personal items are not covered by the carrier’s cargo insurance policy.

The car value is determined based on the actual cash value of the vehicle at the time of transport.

No. It is recommended but not required. Your vehicle will be insured by the Truckers cargo and liability policies as well as Montway’s “Contingent Cargo Insurance” which protects you for up to $250,000 should the truckers policy fail to fully cover a valid claim.